Denise Felder (DeniseMpls) is a writer and career adviser dedicated to helping everyday people make positive choices that impact their lives and communities.
ABOUT DENISE FELDER
Denise Felder started her career in print journalism. When the media tide flowed toward the Internet, she went with it, writing breaking news and entertainment features for a national network of websites. Next, Denise dabbled in reality TV production before Divine Intervention (really!) move her to serve as an employment coach.
Since then, Denise has worked as a print and Web editor of career development content, and as a career adviser. Her coaching has helped everyday people to Know Themselves, Be Themselves, and Express Themselves.
What “qualifies” Denise Felder to dispense career advice? Well, it’s not what’s on her resume that matters most, it’s what’s NOT on her resume:
- Employed by more than six employers in less than 10 years
- Serving in more than five volunteer positions
- Making three major cross-country moves
- Surviving two layoffs
- Combating a mound of student loan debt
- Inspired by one 9/11-prompted epiphany
Many of DeniseMpls’ career coaching clients are low-income or working-class job seekers, young adults, and others in career transition. Denise believe that everyone, no matter their barriers to employment, has the right to explore and gain access to career options that will bring them fulfillment, not just a paycheck.
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Black Twin Cities — 2010 Best Counseling or Professional Development Coach
- Minnesota Career Development Association — 2010 Marty Dockman Merit Award
- Minnesota Association of Government Communicators — Award of Merit for 2008 edition of MnCareers
- Women Achieving New Directions (Employment Action Center) — Mentor of the Year, 2007, 2010
- National Society of Professional Journalists — 1997 Sigma Delta Chi Award 1997 co-winner for Online Public Service
- National Press Club — 1998 co-winner for Best Journalism Site
- 360Reach Personal Branding Assessment Analyst (Reach Communications Consulting, Inc.)
- Offender Job Retention for Correctional Professionals (National Institute of Corrections)
- Online Identity Strategist (Reach Communications Consulting Inc.)
- Management & Employee Leadership Training (Radio & Television News Directors Association [RTNDA])
- Writing for the Web (Century College, Customized Training)
- E-mail – DeniseMpls @ gmail.com
- Facebook page
- Twitter – @DeniseMpls
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/denisefelder
- Google +